Deadline: 2 September 2019
The Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation is organizing the Third Human Rights Youth Challenge and invites youth aged between 24 and 32 years to submit a 2000 word essay on “private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector: a human rights perspective”.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The submission will be in a form of an essay focusing on one case study. Participants are free to choose a case, which focuses on various forms and models of private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector and analyse gaps in human rights protection and impact on the realization of the human rights to water and sanitation.
The challenge, organised by the Special Rapporteur on the human rights to water and sanitation, is an opportunity for applicants to show their knowledge, understanding and passion about the human rights to water and sanitation by creating original content. The challenge is co-organised together with UN Water, the Permanent Missions of Spain, the Permanent Mission of Germany, UNESCO-IHP, AquaFed, Public Services International, Franciscans International and the Water Youth Network.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The 3rd Youth Challenge is made possible through the financial support of the Government of Spain and the Government of Germany.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The theme of the 3rd Human Rights Youth Challenge is: “private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector: a human rights perspective”.
- The theme of the 3rd Human Rights Youth Challenge is also the theme of the Special Rapporteur’s report for 2020 on the analysis of private sector participation in the water and sanitation sector from a human rights perspective. In this report, he will assess challenges, risks and impacts – from a human rights perspective – of various models of private sector participation in water and sanitation services.
The UN Special Rapporteur will invite the winner to join him during an expert consultation, to discuss the impact of private sector participation in the water and sanitation sectors on the human rights to water and sanitation with key experts and stakeholders.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
All persons between the ages of 24 and 32 years, as of 2 October 2019.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Length of Essay: 2,000 words in word document (including footnotes, page numbers, heading)
Language: English, Spanish and French
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
How to Apply
- Applicants share their main findings via social media channels where the UN Special Rapporteur has accounts.
- Mark the social media update by including the hashtag #Youth4watsan and tagging the Special Rapporteur’s account
- Submit the essay together with the link to the social media update to email address given with the subject: “Submission for 3rd Human RIghts Challenge”
- Applicants do not include their name or any other identifying details in the submission
- Multiple submissions are NOT accepted
- Submissions that do not follow instructions will not be considered.
For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/2Y6CyZ2