Deadline: 1 October 2019
Tinker Foundation is seeking applications for its Field Research Grants to offer students an opportunity to acquire a comprehensive knowledge of language and culture; to familiarize them with information sources relevant to their studies; to conduct pilot studies and preliminary investigations that will inform their dissertation proposals or theses; and to develop contacts with scholars and institutions in their fields of study.
Tinker Field Research Grants are awarded to universities with Centers of Latin American Studies for the provision of travel grants to graduate students with little or no previous field experience so they can conduct pre-dissertation or thesis research in Latin America.
- Two levels of support in the Field Research Grants competition are available – $10,000 and $15,000 per annum.
- Programs that are less developed and/or relatively new are encouraged to apply for the $10,000 level award.
- The Tinker Field Research Grants competition is open to accredited United States universities with Centers of Latin American Studies.
- The university must offer a Ph.D. degree with a concentration in Latin American Studies, although it need not grant a doctorate specifically in the field.
- Two or more centers may submit a joint application for a Tinker Field Research Grants award. Each university must contribute a portion of the matching requirement.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit https://www.tinker.org/content/field-research-grants-applications