Deadline: 22 August 2019
Tinker Foundation is pleased to announce its Institutional Grants program with the goal of creating the conditions for the development of effective policy changes that improve the lives of Latin Americans.
- Successful proposals have a strong public policy component, offer innovative solutions to problems facing these regions, and incorporate new mechanisms for addressing these programmatic areas.
- Activities may include, but are not restricted to, research projects, workshops, and conferences related to the Foundation’s areas of interest.
- The Foundation encourages collaboration among organizations in the United States and Latin America and prefers to fund institutions that are actively engaged with a broad array of stakeholders impacted by the identified challenge. Funding for general support may be considered on a limited basis.
- To be considered for a Tinker Institutional Grant, a request must be submitted by an organization with 501(c)(3) charitable status or its equivalent, i.e., if the organization is based outside the United States.
- The project/program for which funding is sought must be geographically focused on Latin America. The project must fall under one of the following program areas: Education, Democratic Governance or Sustainable Resource Management.
- The Foundation will not consider requests for:
- annual fund-raising appeals;
- support for building construction or major equipment purchases;
- individual research;
- funding of health or medical issues;
- production costs for film, television and radio projects;
- arts and humanities projects, including art museum collections and exhibits; or
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, United States
For more information, please visit https://www.tinker.org/content/institutional-grants-requests