Deadline: 1 March 2017
The Tinker Foundation is seeking applications for its Institutional Grants Program to improve the lives of Latin Americans.
The Foundation encourages collaboration among organizations in the United States and Latin America and prefers to fund those institutions that are actively engaged with external stakeholders in addressing an issue of concern. Funding for general support may be considered on a limited basis.
The Foundation has identified program areas in which focused, expert research and innovation has the potential to make significant positive impact. Proposals should address one of these areas of interest:
- Democratic Governance: addressing Governance and Equitable Economic Growth
- Education: addressing Access, Quality and Public Financing
- Sustainable Resource Management: addressing water issues and promotes Sustainable Management Practices
- To be considered for a Tinker Institutional Grant, a proposal must be submitted by an organizational entity with 501(c)3 charitable status or its equivalent, if the organization is based outside the United States.
- Not-for-profit organizations based outside the U.S. are eligible for funding as long as they meet certain guidelines for charitable status.
- The project/program for which funding is sought must be geographically focused on Latin America.
How to Apply
Potential applicants are encouraged to submit a brief letter of inquiry (LOI) at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, Cuba, Ecuador, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Haiti, United States
For more information, please visit Institutional Grants Program.