Deadline: 1 November 2017
Projects that involve direct, in-depth professional interaction, with the potential for sustained collaboration, and/or show evidence or professional accomplishment and innovation, and/or respond to social contexts and engage local communities shall be considered for funding.
TMU provides grants specifically for international travel associated with professional exchanges in:
- Arts and Culture: Creative artistic collaborations, curatorial research projects, performances given in conjunction with lecture/demonstrations and/or workshops, conservation and historic preservation projects, arts management programs, and cultural documentation activities.
- Environment: Ecosystem and habitat conservation programs, land use planning projects, activities that facilitate more effective international contact between environmental organizations, measures designed to preserve biodiversity, and efforts to encourage environmental sustainability.
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- TMU grants are made to American nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, and typically, it is those organizations that submit Initial Inquiries and, if invited, Final Proposals. TMU does not make grants directly to individuals or institutions abroad.
- However, an Initial Inquiry may be made by an individual or institution in any of the countries in which TMU is active.
- If invited, individuals or organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) status may then submit a Final Proposal through the fiscal sponsorship of an American nonprofit organization.
- The fiscal sponsor must submit a letter stating their involvement with the project and their willingness to administer any grant funds, as well as a copy of their 501(c)(3) determination letter.
How to Apply
- The application process is divided into 2 stages:
- The initial inquiry
- The full application
- Applications must be submitted through an online process.
For more information, please visit TMU Grant.