The Together CK: Events Grant Program 2023 is now open for applications to promote community events within Chatham-Kent.
- Economic Prosperity: Their community will be a leader in educational opportunities and recognized as a destination of choice for business investment.
- A Healthy and Safe Community: Their community is a leader in healthy public policies and is one of the healthiest and safest in Ontario.
- People and Culture: Their community is recognized as the best place to live in Ontario and a destination of choice to experience arts and culture.
- Environmental Sustainability: Their community will be recognized as a leader in the management of natural and built resources and energy conservation.
- Significant Event: Groups may be entitled up to 50% of their operating expenses or the first $5,000,
- 25% of expenses for the balance of the event budget-to a maximum grant of $25,000 per event-no additional funds to cover municipal services.
- Community Event: Groups may be entitles up to 50% of an event expenses up to a maximum of $5,000.
- The applicant shall be a registered Canadian charity, a non-profit organization, or community organization. Grants are not awarded to individuals, commerce, businesses, industries, sports teams/facilities, schools or sole proprietorships.
- The project is located within the geographic boundary of Chatham-Kent. The intent is to invest local resources in local initiatives and build residents’ organizational capacity, not to supplement campaigns developed and delivered into the region through international, national, or provincial organizations.
- The applicant shall respect the Canadian Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms and promote equal access and opportunity for all persons. The Municipality is nonpartisan and does not provide financial support to a religious or political doctrine.
- All applicants are screened for debt to the Municipality. Those in debt (e.g. taxes owed, delinquent on final reports for previous grants, fines, etc.) will be deemed ineligible for consideration.
- Grant applicants should be able to demonstrate active fundraising efforts to support the continuation of the project.
For more information, visit https://www.letstalkchatham-kent.ca/together-ck-events-grant-program-2023-2