Deadline: 13 December 2019
The Australian High Commission in Tonga is currently accepting applications for Round 2 of its Direct Aid Program (DAP) which is a community development program funded by the Australian Government.
In 2019-20, Proposals for projects that address the following needs are welcome:
- People with disabilities, women and girls, livelihoods, human rights, environment and climate change, community health, arts and culture, youth and social inclusion.
To strengthen application, applicants should consider:
- How will you maximise the number of people that will benefit from your project?
- Can the community make a contribution to support the project (land, material, labour or resources)?
- How can the project continue to provide a benefit to the community after the funding has been spent?
In recent years, the Direct Aid Program in Tonga has supported projects including:
- a school library for GPS Pangai, Ha’apai
- a children’s playground next to the BSP carpark in Nuku’alofa
- community consultations on the rights of LGBTI people in Tonga
- learning equipment to assist visually impaired students
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://tonga.embassy.gov.au/nkfa/0101.html