Deadline: 2 September 2016
The Toyota Foundation is currently accepting applications for its Research Grants Program entitled “Exploring New Values for Society” in order to contribute towards the realization of a more people oriented society and a resulting increase in human happiness.
The foundation provides grants in support of research and operations in order to respond to a diverse array of social issues, with a focus on areas of human and natural environment, social welfare, and education and culture.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Designing social and economic systems for sustainable development within the limits of natural resources and the environment, and formulating indices to gauge human welfare as the basis for those systems; establishing a cross-generational ethics to consider how natural resources, energy sources, and a rich natural environment can be passed down to future generations
- Disclosing ideas of how to appropriately share the burdens resulting from natural and manmade disasters; assembling a methodology on how to minimize eand disperse the risks associated with future disasters
- Establishing a model of distributive justice to address the expansion of social disparities and inequality, as well as the increasing disequilibrium between areas/localities; building basic perspective on how to revive the functioning of communities to protect the rights and to support the lives of vulnerable groups in society
- Formulating a concept for the formation of new communities in which people of different cultures and backgrounds can live in harmony, and seeking an overarching conceptual framework regarding human rights, equality, and justice that encompasses a diverse range of people; establishing new methodology for consensus building to promote conflict resolution and prevention and peace building
- Proposing new ideas and methodologies on how to preserve cultures and histories and pass them on to future generations; alternatively, reevaluating cultures and histories to enhance consideration of issues society is likely to face in the future
- Joint Research Grants: Up to 4 million yen per year.
- Individual Research Grants: Up to 1 million yen per year.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Total amount of grants 100 million yen .
- One year or two years, beginning May 1, 2017.
No limitations are placed on proposals with regard to the nationality or place of residence of the project representative or participants; nor is there any restriction with regard to the their affiliation (or lack thereof) with a university, research institute, NPO/NGO, or other organization.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://www.toyotafound.or.jp/english/program/research.html
Click on ‘next’ below to learn more research opportunities.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.