Deadline: 1 August 2016
The Administration for Children and Families’ (ACF), Administration on Children, Youth and Families’ (ACYF), Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB) announces a 24 month demonstration project period to implement, enhance, and/or support a framework or model to promote the effective transition from homeless youth to self-sufficient young adults.
The target populations are LGBTQ youth experiencing homelessness between the ages of 16 to 21 and young adults who have left foster care after the age of 18 up to age 21, but may need alternative housing and services. Based on an assessment of community needs, prospective applicants may choose which population to serve or serve both.
Funding Information: The estimated total program funding is $5,000,000.
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- State governments
- County governments
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Private institutions of higher education
- City or township governments
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Special district governments
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Small businesses
- Independent school districts
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit grants.gov.