Deadline: 31 October 2019
Frame is seeking applications for its Travel Grant for Artists for Exhibiting Abroad to promote the international career development of Finnish artists or artists based in Finland by promoting their networking and opportunities to exhibit or perform abroad.
Frame is an advocate for Finnish contemporary art. They support and promote international projects, facilitate professional partnerships, as well as act as an information centre for Finnish contemporary art. Frame coordinates Finland’s participation in the Venice Biennale.
- Artists can apply for a travel grant when they perform or present their work outside Finland, such as in a solo or group exhibition, biennale, triennale, festival or other contemporary art event.
- Travel grants can only be applied for to cover personal or work group’s
- travel expenses
- accommodation expenses
- transport expenses
- insurance of artworks during transport
- Visual artists who are Finnish or based in Finland
- Work groups formed by Finnish artists or artists based in Finland
- Travel grants may not be applied on behalf of another person.
- The contact person of a work group must be among the travellers.
- Organisations such as associations, cooperatives or companies are not eligible for the travel grant.
- They are advised to apply instead for a project grant for exhibiting work by Finnish artists abroad.
- travel plan: purpose of trip, dates and programme, description of venue, as well as importance of the trip to the promotion of the applicant’s international career
- Curriculum Vitae (1–2 pages) or biography
- work groups: short Curricula Vitae or biographies
- 3–5 images per participating Finnish artist
- Attachments should be in PDF or JPG format. The maximum file size is 3 Mb.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Finland
For more information, please visit https://frame-finland.fi/en/apurahat/hakijat/