Trustpower is seeking applications for the Oamaru Community Fund to give a helping hand to those who care for people, place and the future.
At Trustpower they care about supporting the local communities. The Trustpower team is spread throughout Aotearoa, but Oamaru is home to one of the friendly, national contact centres. Trustpower has created the fund to help support the community where many of the wonderful people live, work and play.
- As a guideline for how much to apply for, each grant usually ranges from around $200 to $2,000.
- They encourage community organisations to apply. They will consider events, projects and initiatives that display:
- Manaakitanga – caring for the communities and people, and putting people at the heart of the decision.
- Kaitiakitanga – taking up the role of guardian and protector of the environment, for future generations.
- Sustainability – improving, growing, learning and adapting in smart ways to make a difference.
- Only one application per community organisation will be accepted per funding round, and eligible organisations are limited to two successful applications per calendar year.
- An evaluation panel made up of representatives from different teams and in different roles at Trustpower considers all applications and decides who receives funding. This panel will change from round to round.
- Applicants may have their funding approved in full or in part at the sole discretion of Trustpower.
- Applications must fall within the stipulated criteria to be considered.
- Expenses applied for must be incurred within New Zealand, with the exception of items purchased overseas that are not available in New Zealand.
- All grants must be applied to specific, future-based purposes.
- There must be no conflict of interest existing between the applicant group and the provider of the goods and services.
- Your community organisation based within the outlined area on the map.
- If funding is required towards general running costs (power, landline telephone, rates or building insurance) copies of invoices for the previous three months need to be supplied.
- Applications for existing salary positions must provide a signed employment contract clearly stating the term of the contract, employee’s name and rate of pay, together with a position description.
- They will not consider applications that request funding for:
- Anything that is required to be carried-out as part of a government-funded contract.
For more information, visit Trustpower.