The British Embassy Ankara International Programme Fund is welcoming project proposals for the UK Financial year 2020/2021.
The BEF supports programme activity in line with the UK government’s foreign policy objectives in Turkey during financial year (FY) 2020/21. Freedom of expression and of the media will be a key priority area for this year’s programme. All projects submitted must directly support the efforts to promote media freedom, pluralism and professionalism in journalistic content.
- The funding will be in Pound Sterling (£). Grants requested under this call must fall between a minimum £20,000 (twenty thousand Pounds) and up to £80,000 (eighty thousand Pounds).
- A partnership framework to support the broader engagement of a project can strengthen your proposal.
- Other sources of funding should be specified in the project proposal.
- British Embassy’s profile in the project must be guaranteed.
The following types of activities are eligible under this call for proposals:
- Conferences, seminars;
- Training activities;
- Awareness and dissemination actions;
- Advocacy missions.
We regret that we are unable to fund:
- Academic courses;
- Charitable activities;
- Commercial activities;
- Infrastructure or construction projects; or
- Humanitarian aid.
Approval, Contract and Reporting
- If the project is approved, the applicant will be given two copies of the contract, outlining the conditions of the grant. One signed copy must be returned to the British Embassy in Ankara.
- The Embassy will require monthly financial reports and interim project progress reports from implementers.
- The first payment will be made upon the receipt of monthly financial report.
- When the project has been completed the implementer shall prepare and send a final report to the Embassy within the period specified in the grant contract.
Proposals will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with the above mentioned priorities;
- Outcomes are achievable within the funding period;
- Project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures;
- Sustainability demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends;
- Risk and financial accountability procedures;
- The organization’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries;
- Overall value for money (VfM).
For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/british-embassy-programme-fund-turkey