The funded projects typically raise the income of the participants above the internationally defined poverty level of $1.25.
The kinds of projects funded include:
- Education and training: literacy and numeracy, training for the purposes of starting a specific livelihood activity; longer term vocational training, informal education, education on environmental issues e.g. deforestation
- Production: agriculture, livestock, small scale manufacturing
- Finance: microfinance loans, co-operatives, helping people access formal financial institutions, kick-start loans
- Building social infrastructure and providing services: health education, housing, water supply, waste schemes, converting to renewable energy sources.
The funding will be provided up to the equivalent of £5,000. Organisations that have had no previous international funding may apply for a maximum of £1,500 for their first application.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The eligible entities include the organisations those:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Work regardless of the race, religion, gender or ability
- Work in poor communities and select beneficiaries according to need
- Have experience of running and learning from previous projects, even if they were small
- Are committed to monitoring and evaluating their work and using the lessons learned in the future
- Have the capacity to form a professional partnership with and links to similar groups in the region
- Are non-governmental organizations or community groups and not operating in the UK or internationally
- Do not become dependent on Tzedek for funding
How to Apply
Interested applicant must submit the completed Letter of Inquiry form via email.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Tzedek Grants.