Deadline: 20 April 2020
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) is seeking applications for the Crime Victim Compensation Program Assessment to support six compensation programs as they conduct critical assessments of victims’ access to states’ compensation programs and implement recommendations to enhance crime victim access to compensation funding.
This project will support selected states in assessing victims’ access to compensation programs and implementing recommendations with the goal of increasing the number of victims aware of this vital resource and interested in seeking victim compensation.
Goal and Objectives
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The goal of this project is to develop or enhance and implement evidence-based strategies, and organizational practices and policies, to increase program responsiveness, efficiency, and accessibility for all victims throughout the state.
- Selected states will achieve this goal through the following objectives:
- Conduct an assessment of the state’s current compensation program, including applicable rules, regulations, statutes, and other relevant standards impacting the ability of victims to access compensation, along with an analysis of the different federal, state, local, and other funding streams and programs that support victims (this can include, but should not be limited to, restitution collection). This should also include an assessment of the compensation program’s efforts to coordinate, collaborate, conduct outreach, and partner with other government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and other professional organizations;
- Generate model recommendations and promising practices that can be implemented within their own state, and, if rooted in evidence-based practices, possibly across the country;
- Develop analysis of the different federal, state, local, and other funding streams and programs that support victims;
- Examine if and how restitution impacts state compensation programming, including the effectiveness of restitution collection efforts in their states;
- Develop an implementation plan based on the assessment that strives to produce a more efficient and responsive compensation program, while increasing crime victim access to compensation funding;
- Implement the recommendations that will result in enhanced victim access to compensation funding.
- Estimated maximum dollar amount for each award: $350,000;
- Total amount anticipated to be awarded under solicitation: $2,100,000;
- Period of Performance duration: 3 years.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The following entities are eligible to apply:
- State victim compensation programs that are eligible to administer the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Victim Compensation grants.
- All recipients and sub recipients (including any for-profit organization) must forgo any profit or management fee.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must register in and submit applications through Grants.gov.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=324677
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.