Deadline: 13 April 2020
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), National Institute of Justice (NIJ) is seeking applications for funding to conduct research and evaluation projects examining violence against women.
The ultimate goal of this solicitation is to reduce violence against women through the development of evidence-based knowledge to inform the formulation of effective strategies to best prevent and respond to such crime and violence. The goals of this solicitation may be accomplished through the dissemination of research findings to stakeholders and policymakers.
NIJ’s Violence Against Women and Family Violence Research and Evaluation program seeks to promote the safety of women and family members, and to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the criminal justice system’s response to such crimes. Key objectives of the program include estimating the scope of the problem; identifying causes and consequences; evaluating promising prevention and intervention programs; compiling and disseminating research findings; and partnering to promote and facilitate collaboration, coordination, and cooperation among a wide variety of disciplines. A broad range of topics is covered under this program that touch on a wide variety of public health and safety topics as well as criminal justice challenges, including the availability of legal and victim support services, the effectiveness of prevention and intervention programs, and the impact of such crimes over time.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
This year, NIJ is particularly interested in research responding to the following two priority areas:
- Evaluation research on VAW programs
- VAW research
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $2,500,000
- Award Ceiling: $2,500,000
- In general, NIJ is authorized to make grants to, or enter into contracts or cooperative agreements with eligible entities as listed below:
- States (including territories);
- Units of local government;
- Federally recognized Indian tribal governments that perform law enforcement functions (as determined by the Secretary of the Interior);
- Nonprofit and for-profit organizations (including tribal nonprofit and for-profit organizations); and
- Institutions of higher education (including tribal institutions of higher education).
- Foreign governments, foreign organizations, and foreign colleges and universities are not eligible to apply. Federal agencies are eligible to apply. (Any award made to a federal agency will be made as an inter-agency reimbursable agreement.)
- All recipients and subrecipients (including any for-profit organization) must forgo any profit or management fee.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=323882
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.