Deadline: 18 May 2017
The U.S. Department of State Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration (PRM) is currently seeking applications for its “Global Innovation Programs to Address Gender-based Violence (GBV) in Conflict-Affected Humanitarian Emergencies”.
PRM’s mission is to provide protection, ease suffering, and resolve the plight of persecuted and uprooted people around the world on behalf of the American people by providing life-sustaining assistance, working through multilateral systems to build global partnerships, promoting best practices in humanitarian response, and ensuring that humanitarian principles are thoroughly integrated into U.S. foreign and national security policy.
- Improving Service Provision: Key actions would focus on strengthening preparedness in humanitarian action or contributing to a global package of core GBV services, which includes specialized service provision and prevention. Specific topics of interest include: intimate partner violence, adolescent girls, behavior and norms change, social and economic empowerment, and advanced service delivery.
- Global Capacity Development: Key actions include developing technical capacity, particularly at the local level, to respond to and implement quality programming in emergencies. This can include rapid response staff or deployments that seek to quickly and systematically address field needs and priorities.
- Research, Evaluation, and Uptake: Key actions include research or evaluations for programs of a global nature and/or the development of tools or methodologies for emergency needs assessments, monitoring, or evaluations. Proposals that support GBV inter-agency real time evaluations in L3 conflict-affected emergencies will be considered.
Project proposals must not be more than $800,000 per year or they will be disqualified.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- International Organizations.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.