Deadline: 22 May 2019
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) has announced an open competition for organizations interested in submitting applications for projects to support the eradication of slavery in West Africa, with a focus on descent-based slavery, and assist with the full integration of victims into society.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Providing legal assistance and accompaniment to victims and/or civil society organizations focused on anti-slavery causes to file and track the progress of civil and/or criminal court cases, including strategic litigation, and improving the capacity of legal and judicial professionals to hold slaveholders to account
- Engaging with key stakeholders to increase non-discriminatory access to educational, socioeconomic, and other services in order to assist slaves to establish an independent form of income
- Assisting slaves, former slaves, and slave descendants to exercise their rights under existing laws, including the right to obtain formal identity documents
- Supporting civil society organizations working to combat slavery, strengthening their collaboration with each other, and supporting the integration of slaves, former slaves, and slave descendants into civil society organizations working to combat slavery
- Raising consciousness throughout all segments of society about the systemic exclusion, exploitation, and marginalization faced by victims
- Strengthening advocacy efforts to increase respect for human rights, including labor rights, in the region and for changes in law, policy and implementation to promote the rights of slaves, former slaves, and slave descendants
- Award Ceiling: $2,000,000
- Award Floor: $1,000,000
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- DRL welcomes applications from U.S.-based and foreign-based non-profit organizations/nongovernment organizations (NGO) and public international organizations; private, public, or state institutions of higher education; and for-profit organizations or businesses.
- DRL’s preference is to work with non-profit entities; however, there may be some occasions when a for-profit entity is best suited.
How to Apply
Applicants can find application forms, kits, or other materials needed to apply via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314493