Deadline: 8 June 2017
The United States Embassy in Tunisia, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, Assistance Coordination (NEA/AC), is seeking proposals for a cooperative agreement from qualified U.S. and Non-U.S. organizations to implement a program entitled “Supporting Tunisia’s Agribusiness Sector” with an aim to increase the productivity, competitiveness and sustainability in selected value chains and areas of the agribusiness sector to boost agro-food exports- thereby creating employment opportunities.
- Increase Agro-food exports by helping companies identify and access new markets through refined market research and tailored marketing/product specifications, as well as improved compliance with foreign markets requirements and standards (certifications, packaging, etc.);
- Bridge the gap between research, innovation, and commercialization; and/or
- Improving competitiveness through stronger value chain linkages and integration challenges
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $600,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $600,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $500,000
- Eligible applicants include U.S. or foreign non-profit organizations; for-profit organizations; private institutions of higher education, public or state institutions of higher education; public international organizations; and small businesses with function and regional experience in areas like regulatory policies and reform, economic governance, organization strengthening, and entrepreneurship] in the MENA region.
- NEA/Embassy Tunis strongly encourages applications from civil society organizations headquartered in the Middle East and North Africa region.
- International non-governmental organizations with principal bases of operations outside the Middle East and North Africa are also encouraged to apply, but the percentage of total budget actually spent in the region through local partners will be among the elements of evaluation for this competition.
- NEA/Embassy Tunis is committed to an anti-discrimination policy in all of its programs and activities.
- NEA/Embassy Tunis welcomes applications irrespective of an applicants’ race, ethnicity, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.