Deadline: 4 May 2018
The U.S. Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) is seeking proposals for its FY 2018 Notice of Funding Opportunity for global programming to further innovation in addressing gender-based violence (GBV) in conflict-affected humanitarian emergencies.
This announcement is for submissions that advance GBV programming and practice at the field level, with a particular focus on initiatives and efforts that improve quality and accessibility of services for women, girls, and survivors of GBV. PRM will prioritize submissions that contribute to a broader evidence-base and builds upon current standards to enhance approaches or practice for the wider humanitarian community and submissions that promote inter-agency and inter-sectoral thought leadership and/or improve coordination at global and field levels.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Improved Service Provision: Key actions should focus on strengthening effective preparedness in humanitarian action or contributing to a global package of core GBV services, which includes risk reduction, primary prevention, and/or specialized service provision. Specific topics of interest include: intimate partner violence, sexual exploitation and abuse, adolescent girls, behavior and norms change, social empowerment, movement building; and advanced service delivery. Proposals that support coordination of L3 conflict-affected emergencies will be considered.
- Global Standardization: Key actions should focus on creating standards and consistency in GBV programming and emergency response to provide a foundation for accountability. The emphasis should be on strengthening or improving existing policies and standards that fulfill system-wide commitments to gender equality, such as the prevention of sexual exploitation or abuse or implementation of effective complaints mechanisms. Proposals that include rapid response staff or deployments that respond quickly and systematically to field needs and priorities will be considered.
- Research, Evaluation, and Uptake: Key actions should include research or evaluations that contribute to global learning and/or the development of tools, resources, or methodologies for that can be applied to ongoing and protracted emergency responses. Proposals that support GBV inter-agency real time evaluations in L3 conflict-affected emergencies will be considered.
Project proposals must not be less than $400,000per year and not more than $800,000 per year or they will be disqualified.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) status with IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- International Organizations.
- International multilateral organizations, such as United Nations agencies, should not submit proposals through Grants.gov in response to this Notice of Funding Opportunity announcement.
- Multilateral organizations that are seeking funding for projects should contact the PRM Program Officer.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.