Deadline: 20 February 2018
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Consulate General in Peshawar of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to inviting submission of Statements of Interest for assistance awards, contingent on funding availability, through the Consulate’s Public Diplomacy Grants program.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Increased Services and Governance: Through programs that facilitate greater civic and political participation among residents of KP/FATA, and through programs that facilitate knowledge transfer from subject-matter experts to facilitate improved health care, social development, local employment, food security, and connectivity.
- Critical Thinking in Education: Through projects that enable youth in basic and higher education to become acquainted with and build critical thinking skills and confidence that are crucial to academic and professional success and enable youth to build resilience against violent narratives.
- Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship: Through projects that promote microenterprise, the growing tech sector in Peshawar, women’s and youth empowerment, corporate social responsibility, access to finance, providing training and internships, inclusion of minorities and/or other vulnerable populations, intellectual property rights, and support for entrepreneurs. Particular emphasis should be placed on strengthening networks of entrepreneurs and connecting them with incubators and subject-matter experts at higher education institutions and other centers of excellence.
- Journalism in KP and FATA: Through projects that increase the capacity of journalists to report in a balanced and accurate manner on issues that give voice to KP/FATA residents on issues related to security, border concerns, political representation, and access to essential services like electricity, plumbing, and schools. Projects should place particular emphasis on enabling journalists to report safely from more remote areas of northwest Pakistan, and on opening opportunities for women journalists and journalists working in digital media.
- Historical and Cultural Preservation as a Driver for Economic Development: Through projects that increase the capacity of local partners to preserve and promote historical and cultural structures, objects, and/or practices that will contribute to employment opportunities and economic development in KP and FATA that will strengthen a positive sense of self and decrease the pull of extremism for vulnerable populations in this area.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $75,000
- Award Ceiling: $50,000
- Award Floor: $15,000
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Pakistani registered not-for-profit, for-profit, civil society/non-governmental organizations, U.S. local and state governments, and educational institutions.
- At least two years of programming experience is preferred.
- Applicants are expected to document prior programming experience if selected under this funding opportunity, and a copy of the organization’s registration must accompany the proposal. U.S.-based non- profit organizations must provide a copy of their IRS determination letter.
- Pakistan-based nonprofit organizations must submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
How to Apply
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: United States & Pakistan
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.