Deadline: 31 March 2020
The Fulbright Graduate Study Program enables young professionals from Serbia to study for one year or longer at U.S. universities to pursue a Master’s level of study in the following fields:
- American History;
- American Literature;
- American Studies;
- Biological Sciences;
- Computer Science;
- Environmental Sciences;
- Information Sciences;
- Journalism / Media Studies;
- Library Science Linguistics;
- Political Science;
- Social Work;
- TEFL/Applied Linguistics.
Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition. This prestigious award covers tuition and fees at a U.S. university, a monthly living stipend, health insurance, and international airfare.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of Serbia. Permanent U.S. residents and persons with dual (Serbian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible.
- Applicants must be proficient in oral and written English (Selected candidates will take TOEFL and GRE tests during the selection process).
- Applicants must be eligible for a J-1 visa, which requires the grantee to return to the Republic of Serbia for a minimum of two years at the end of the grant period.
- Applicants must have completed undergraduate education at the time of application.
- Applicants already studying in the U.S. are ineligible for a Fulbright grant.
- Applicants must receive a satisfactory medical clearance.
- Persons desiring permanent residence in the United States are not eligible.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Strong academic record
- Adaptability and personal suitability
- Applicants should be representative and responsible citizens who contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of Serbia.
- Preference is given to applicants who have not had a prior opportunity for studying in the United States.
- All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, and sex.
- Applications are subject to pre-screening.
- Applicants recommended by reviewers are invited for an interview conducted in person in English by a selection committee comprised of Embassy representatives, U.S. and Serbian scholars, and Fulbright alumni.
- Nominees are subject to final approval by the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
For more information, visit https://rs.usembassy.gov/fulbright-graduate-study-program-competition-2021-2022/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.