The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, of the U.S. Department of State, announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to organize and handle logistics for a regional conclave bringing together stakeholders working to preserve the Congo Basin and support economic opportunities for local communities.
- The Congo Basin Conclave will provide a forum that enables experts and stakeholders to network across borders, share best practices, and promote local solutions to local problems.
- As a result of the conclave, participants will conceive and propose projects for U.S. government funding that invest in the people of the Congo Basin, balancing economic opportunity for local communities and protections for indigenous peoples with environmental concerns.
Participants and Audiences
Residents of the Congo Basin working to improve local conditions, including Embassy contacts, alumni of U.S. government programs, civil society leaders, and academics.
- Length of performance period: 12 months.
- Number of awards anticipated: 1 award (dependent on amounts).
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $200,000 to a maximum of $250,000.
- Total available funding: $250,000, pending funding availability.
- Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo Brazzaville,
The Public Diplomacy Section encourages applications from the U.S. and the Democratic Republic of the Congo:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/nongovernmental organizations with programming experience.
- Non-profit educational institutions.
- Governmental institutions.
For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit U.S. Embassy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.