Deadline: 1 August 2019
The U.S. Embassy Algiers Counterterrorism Sections of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to organize a regional workshop in Algiers for journalists from Algeria, Morocco, Mauritania, Niger, Chad, Burkina Faso, and Senegal on the role of the media in countering violent extremism.
This NOFO seeks to increase the knowledge, capacity, and effectiveness of media in the targeted countries (particularly in remote areas) to counter extremist narratives and messaging and avoid feeding into terrorist propaganda.
- Total available funding: $200,000
Participants and Audiences
- CVE experts
- Civil society representatives
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- U.S. – based non-profit/non-governmental organizations having a 501(c) (3) status with the IRS; overseas non-governmental non-profit organizations; Foreign Public Entities (FPEs) and Public International Organizations (PIOs).
- For-profit commercial firms are not eligible to apply in response to this NOFO. No exceptions.
- Individuals are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://dz.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/236/2019-6-10-NOFO-Role-of-the-Media-in-Countering-Violent-Extremism-MS_ND.pdf