Deadline: 9 April 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Prague, Czech Republic is currently soliciting proposals for its “Women’s Empowerment Grant” with an aim to promote gender equality, remove barriers to leadership opportunities and combat stereotypes, including by engaging men in these efforts.
The U.S. Embassy in Prague will consider grants with the following themes:
- Supporting women’s political participation at the local, regional and national levels, including through leadership and training initiatives, as well as mentoring programs and other initiatives.
- Promoting women’s economic participation, including by fostering entrepreneurship, increasing access to capital and markets, and removing barriers to leadership roles in business and economics.
- Combating stereotypes that impede women’s advancement in the public, non-profit and economic spheres, including through the use of information campaigns or through cultural initiatives.
- Preventing gender-based violence.
Applicants may request funds ranging from $10,000 to $25,000.
- Preference will be given to individuals and institutions with a proven track record of executing superior programs.
- Embassy grants cannot be used to fund religious organizations or partisan political activity; individual trips abroad (i.e. out of the Czech Republic); trade activities; fundraising campaigns; charitable activities; humanitarian aid; commercial projects; scientific research; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development and operational costs of the organization; health care; or representational expenses (lunch, alcoholic beverages, flowers, etc.).
- The Embassy also cannot give grants to commercial or for-profit firms.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Czech Republic
For more information, please visit Prague’s Fund for Women’s Empowerment.