Deadline: 1 February 2017
The PD section is seeking to inform and share with audiences in Paraguay about the United States, its culture, society, government, legal, economic, and political systems, and values through programs focusing on the priority areas outlined below.
- Preparing under-served youth to become future leaders within the global economy.
- Fighting financial corruption and supporting transparency, including through journalism and online platforms.
- Increasing youth commitment to protecting the environment.
- Promotion of human rights, especially through the inclusion and empowerment of persons with disabilities, or ethnic minorities.
- Empowering women and girls to advocate increased rights and opportunity within their communities.
- Award Period: Up to 27 months
- Award Amount: A maximum amount per award of $10,000 is available under this program. Similar awards in the past have typically ranged from $3,000 – $10,000.
- Academic and professional lectures; public seminars and programs clearly linked to one or more of the four funding priorities of this notice.
- Professional development workshops and training for youth and underserved communities clearly linked to one or more of the four funding priorities of this notice.
- Professional and academic exchanges that are clearly linked to one or more of the four funding priorities of this notice.
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions clearly linked to one or more of the four funding priorities of this notice.
- Eligibility is limited to not-for-profit organizations subject to 26 U.S.C. 501 (c) (3) of the U.S. tax code or to similar statutes in the Republic of Paraguay such as Civil society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions located in Paraguay; U.S. not for-profit with a partner in Paraguay.
- Direct funding for non-U.S. institutions and individuals is available under this announcement.
- The Public Diplomacy section encourages organizations that have not previously received U.S. Federal Award program funding to apply under this announcement.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit grants proposals electronically via given website.
Eligible Countries: United States and Paraguay
For more information, please visit Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.