Deadline: 15 December 2016
The AFCP was established in 2001 in collaboration with the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) to assist countries in preserving their cultural heritage.
- Funding Range for Individual Awards is from $10,000 to $200,000 per project.
- In FY 2016, awards ranged from US $21,400 to US $140,000.
- Cultural Sites
- Conservation of an ancient or historic building
- Preservation of an archaeological site
- Documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes.
- Cultural Objects and Collections
- Conservation treatment for an object or collection of objects;
- Needs assessment of a collection with respect to its condition and strategies for improving its state of conservation;
- Inventory of a collection for conservation and protection purposes;
- The creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections; or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections.
- Forms of Traditional Cultural Expression
- Documentation and audiovisual recording of traditional music and dance forms for their preservation and broad disseminationvia teaching;
- Support for training in the preservation of traditional applied arts or crafts in danger of extinction.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their application forms at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Sri Lanka and Maldives
For more information, Please visit Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation.