Deadline: 30 April 2019
The Ambassador’s Small Grants program (ASG) provides one-time small grants to improve basic economic or social conditions at the local community by funding the expansion of an existing project or activity.
The purpose of ASG is to provide small-scale assistance to Gambian cooperatives as part of an ongoing commitment by the U.S. Government to support development activities on a local level. Projects selected for funding are those which:
- Improve basic economic or social conditions at the local community by funding the expansion of an existing project;
- Have the potential to produce employment and marketable skills, such as sewing centers and agricultural cooperatives;
- Assist vulnerable groups;
- Support high-impact, quick-implementation activities which benefit a large number of people within one year without requiring further assistance;
- Have the potential to generate additional income; and/or
- Involve a significant local contribution in cash, labor, or material, and are within the ability of the local community to operate and maintain.
Multiple awards will be granted, with a maximum amount per award of $15,000.
Religious activities (however, many religious organizations sponsor or supervise local community self-help activities that serve community needs rather than religious purposes and these activities may be eligible for assistance);
- Military, or law enforcement/police/prison-related activities;
- Travel of any kind;
- Office supplies;
- Projects in Refugee Camps;
- Projects involving pesticides, fungicides or herbicides;
- Individually owned businesses or enterprises;
- NGOs (local or international);
- Projects outside The Gambia;
- Vehicle purchases; or
- Activities which benefit any employee of the U.S. Government.
- Eligibility is limited to cooperatives registered with the Gambian Cooperative Agency (RCA).
- U.S. Embassy Banjul encourages applications from all provinces. All interested cooperatives must have an active registration with the Gambian Cooperative Agency at the time of submitting their application.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://gm.usembassy.gov/annual-program-statement-notice-of-funding-opportunity/