The Public Affairs Section (PAS) at U.S. Embassy Montevideo is now accepting Statements of Interest (SOI) proposals to participate in the embassy’s Small Grants Program competition.
The U.S. Department of States provides funding to PAS Montevideo programs that support U.S. Embassy Montevideo’s strategic priorities in Uruguay. Proposed programs should strengthen bilateral ties between the United States and Uruguay and include a clear U.S. connection that will promote increased understanding of the United States among the Uruguayan public. All programs must include a U.S. element or a connection with experts, organizations, or institutions from the United States in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Proposals should address one or more of the following strategic outcomes:
- Programs that support Uruguay’s efforts to diversify the economy and strengthen sectors beyond agriculture
- Broad awareness of, support for, and/or behavior change in favor of combating climate change and promoting environmental conservation, Greater awareness of the importance of strong support for human rights
- Increased awareness of cybersecurity and potential benefits and threats related to 5G
- Increased workforce capabilities and opportunities for women, disadvantaged youth, minorities, or vulnerable groups in rural areas.
The following registered U.S. or Uruguayan organizations are eligible to apply:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks, civil society, and cultural and/or educational associations
- Foreign Government organizations
- Public and Non-profit educational institutions