Deadline: 8 July 2019
The grants aim to further the U.S. Mission’s public diplomacy goals of expanding media engagement, strengthening people-to-people ties between Vietnam and the United States, and building and strengthening local partners.
Program budgets cannot exceed $10,000. Proposals over $10,000 will be considered only with a cost share and on a case-by-case basis.
Topics of Advancement
Proposals must explicitly address one or more of the American Center priority objectives listed below and create or extend the communities engaged in those areas:
- Education: English teaching and learning, improving teaching methods, curriculum development, modernizing education systems, STEM.
- Inclusiveness: women’s rights and empowerment, access and legal reform for disabled persons, LGBT rights, ethnic/religious minorities’ rights, civil society development.
- Fundamental Freedoms: freedom of expression, press, association, religion.
- Environment: wildlife and environmental conservation, climate mitigation and adaptation.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: expand mentoring and training, create of deepen the work of Social Enterprises, promote women’s leadership in businesses.
- Economic Prosperity: developing soft skills to work with U.S. businesses (for example but not limited to: leadership skills, career preparation skills) reducing the bilateral trade deficit, intellectual property rights, promotion of U.S. products, or U.S. business values.
- Security: rule of law, combating transnational crime, combating trafficking in persons, improving relations with the Vietnamese diaspora community.
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Vietnam entities with relevant programming experience. This experience should be documented in the proposal. Eligible entities include:
- not-for-profit, civil society/non-governmental organizations
- public educational institutions
- The project’s location must be from Quang Tri to the northern provinces of Vietnam. U.S. Embassy Hanoi also encourages projects to be organized at the American Center Hanoi.
- Proposal must be in English.
How to Apply
Submit Proposals online via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://vn.usembassy.gov/education-culture/grants-and-scholarship-opportunities/