Deadline: 30 June 2019
This is a collaborative workspace for making, learning, and exploring using both high and low tech tools. This program will mainly target secondary school students and university students, their teachers and others. It will help strengthen the technology capacity and promote hands on activities among youth.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The main objectives of the program are:
- Build the capacity of Rwandans in technology.
- Engage youth in innovative hands on educational activities.
- Raise public awareness on how technology can help shape future economic and educational opportunities for Rwandans.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Main activities are:
- Create an engaging Makerspace that can inspire students, entrepreneurs, artists and other members of the community.
- Advise on useful Makerspace tools to purchase for both the American Center and mobile outreach programming.
- Organize series of programs in American Spaces and outreach to different public areas including schools and public libraries. Programs could include ideas such as coding, robotics, circuitry, design competitions, and other hands-on creative activities. Proposals may include ideas for both serial activities (clubs, certifications) and one-off (seminars, workshops, hackathons) programs.
- Organize trainings of trainers targeting teachers and Embassy staff and other interested organizations.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $2500 to a maximum of $10,000.
- Length of performance period: 12 to 24 months.
Participants and Audiences
- Direct funding for NGOs, Direct funding for individuals, public international organizations, foreign governments, parastatal organizations, educational institutions, or U.S. Government departments and agencies is available under this announcement.
- Expertise and established relationships with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that promote inclusion of vulnerable populations and/or local officials in the communities in which the programs can be conducted will be considered favorably.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from all that apply:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Civil Society Organizations not yet registered with the Government of Rwanda.
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- Governmental institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Completed applications should be submitted via email or post at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://rw.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity-makerspace/