Deadline: 31 March 2020
PAS Lebanon invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural ties between the United States and Lebanon through cultural and exchange programming that highlights engaging youth and empowering women. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Examples of PAS Grants Program programs include, but are not limited to the following:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars and speaker programs;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions;
- Cultural heritage conservation and preservation programs; and
- Professional and academic exchanges and programs.
Priority Program Areas
U.S. Embassy Beirut seeks proposals that address the following priority program areas:
- Enhance the role of women in society through programs focused on civic participation (such as social entrepreneurship, volunteerism, and community engagement); economic empowerment; and increased access to education
- Foster youth empowerment through various programs [examples of which include but are not limited to: science, technology, engineering, architecture, and math (STEAM); entrepreneurship; and inclusive citizenship]
- Develop media literacy and promote freedom of speech
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $100,000to a maximum of $400,000
- Total available funding: $400,000
- Length of performance period: 3 to 24 months
Participants and Audiences
U.S. Embassy Beirut puts special emphasis on programs that are able to engage individuals outside of the capital. For youth-focused proposals, audiences are generally between the ages of 14 and 30. Women audiences have no specific age range, and may include youth or community members. Priority will be given to proposals that target a large number of beneficiaries.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from the United States and Lebanon, including:
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=322355