Deadline: 29 July 2016
The U.S. Embassy is seeking applications from eligible organization to fund a program entitled “Walking the Walk on Combating Gender-Based Violence in Myanmar” with an aim to empower civil society actors to advocate for change by raising awareness and understanding of gender-based violence in Myanmar.
The Walking the Walk on Combating Gender-Based Violence in Myanmar program supports local efforts to raise awareness among the new Government of Myanmar and the general public of Myanmar about the importance of combating gender-based violence, including violence against women, girls and LGBTI individuals.
The program aims to address systemic approaches to combating gender-based violence, increase the knowledge of women, girls and LGBTI individuals about their rights and capacity to advocate for change, as well as engage with men throughout Myanmar on gender-based violence.
- To build understanding among parliamentarians about possible legislative actions to combat gender-based violence;
- Assist civil society organizations in conducting more effective networking, outreach, and community awareness campaigns about gender-based violence in rural areas;
- Increase knowledge sharing and networking among first responders to victims of gender-based violence, including police, medical personnel, social service organizations, and religious institutions.
Funding Information: The approximate total funding is $200,000.
- Exposure to high quality information on healthy behaviors, services and products in Chittagong and Sylhet Divisions and other populations targeted by USAID programs increased.
- MoHFW SBCC capacity and systems at central level and in Chittagong and Sylhet Divisions strengthened.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is limited to: educational, research institutions, media outlets and locally run not-for-profits/NGOs/social enterprises based in Myanmar.
- No government entities can receive funding through these awards.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application forms electronically through mail at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Myanmar or Burma
For more information, please visit grants.gov.