The Public Diplomacy Section of the Palestinian Affairs Unit (PAU-PD) of the U.S. Department of State is currently inviting not-for-profit non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to submit proposals to design and implement projects which support private sector and economic growth in Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza while also advancing the PAU-PD mission to advance peace and the development of a prosperous, stable, and transparent Palestinian society, economy and system of governance through substantive engagement with American people, institutions, ideas and ideals in order to improve American-Palestinian relations and create greater opportunities for mutually beneficial partnership and cooperation.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Working primarily at the local level and using an evidence-based approach, all proposed projects must aim to advance the PAU-PD mission goals, contain a substantive American element, and achieve at least one of the following specific objectives:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Improved capacities of Palestinian businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Improved capacities and actions of civil society organizations and community members to hold Palestinian public institutions and private sector institutions accountable.
- Enhanced Palestinian entrepreneurial ecosystem and connections established between different components and stakeholders within the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Proposals may focus their activities on any of the following subjects:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Building capacity to advocate for improvements to policy and regulations to support private sector growth
- Establishing connections and enhancing cross-border, regional and international commerce
- Creating private sector opportunities for recent graduates and young professionals
- Encouraging the entrepreneurial ecosystem, including through activities that include partnerships with start-ups and business incubators
- Commemorating the annual Global Entrepreneurship Week
- Developing skills and/or networks that encourage the expansion of sales and export opportunities
- Encouraging corporate social responsibility Increasing the accountability of private sector institutions
- Encouraging or developing Public-Private Partnerships
- Supporting economic empowerment for women and marginalized communities
- Building digital marketing and e-commerce skills and opportunities
- Total Amount Available: $150,000
- Length of performance period: up to 18 months
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Eligible primary applicants for grant funding must be not-for-profit Palestinian organizations or individuals based in Jerusalem, the West Bank or Gaza.
- Proposals must be submitted in English; proposals submitted in Arabic will not be considered.
- Applicants wishing to submit proposals to the Public Affairs Section should send a proposal detailing:
- what they intend to do to achieve the goals and objectives outlined in this call for proposals;
- a budget narrative and detailed budget spreadsheet providing specific details on how the budget line-items will be used and what they will cover [applicants may elect to charge a de minimis rate of 10% of modified total direct costs (MTDC) which may be used indefinitely];
- a clear monitoring, measurement and evaluation plan, stating specific and measurable indicators of success and intended method for measuring achievement of those indicators; and
- a substantive American component which facilitates the exchange of information, ideas and/or experience between Americans and Palestinians.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=327957
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.