Deadline: 30 June 2017
The Department of State U.S. Mission to Nicaragua is seeking applications for its “Public Affairs Section (PAS) Small Grants Program” to support innovative projects focused on community engagement that empower Nicaraguans through educational and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Categories of funding will include the following activities:
- Promoting entrepreneurism, innovation and technology, especially among women.
- Enhancing youth employability.
- Development of a bilingual work force.
- Democracy, civic education, civil society and community engagement.
- Empowerment of women, youth and people with disabilities.
- Estimated Total Program Funding:
- Award Ceiling: $100,000
- Award Floor: $5,000
- Community Development
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Eligible applicants for this Annual Program Statement are: US and Nicaraguan individuals and non-profit and non-governmental organizations with legal status. All awards are subject to funds availability.
- The Small Grant Program cannot fund the following activities: projects supporting primarily partisan political or religious activities; international air travel unless essential to the goal of the project; humanitarian or charitale activities; for-profit, commercial or trade activities; fundraising campaign; scientific research; institutional development per se or support of an organization; activities that duplicate existing projects; construction; vehicles; salaries as the main purpose of the grant; and refreshments as the main element of the grant.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: United States and Nicaragua.
For more information, please visit U.S. Mission to Nicaragua.