Deadline: 2 March 2020
The Public Affairs Section (PAS), U.S. Embassy Abuja, is pleased to issue this call for Statements of Interest (SOI) for the FY2019 Trans-Sahara Counterterrorism Partnership (TSCTP) fund. TSCTP is the U.S. Government’s primary vehicle for cooperation with partner countries in the Sahel and West Africa to strengthen civilian, military, and law enforcement capacity to counter terrorism and the spread of violent extremism.
Priority will be given to projects that address one or more of the following themes:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Building collaboration, trust, and reporting mechanisms between citizens and civilian government officials and institutions, including, but not limited to, law enforcement;
- Developing and implementing strategies to rehabilitate and reintegrate defectors from VEOs;
- Supporting women as effective peace and security leaders to prevent and respond to terrorist radicalization, including countering the role women play in violent extremism; and
- Building cross-border networks of government and civil society actors who can identify and mitigate recruitment and radicalization to violence.
- Length of performance period: Minimum 24 months
- Award amounts: Projects should have a minimum budget of $250,000
- Award Ceiling: $500,000
Use of and Restrictions on Economic Support Funds: All proposals must be implemented in a manner consistent with the authority and restrictions applicable to U.S. government Economic Support Funds (ESF). SOIs must observe the following restrictions on ESF funding:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Cannot be used for any military or paramilitary purpose.
- ESF funds are also subject to restrictions on assistance to police, prisons, other law enforcement forces, and programs of internal intelligence or surveillance.
- All programming must be implemented in a manner consistent with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. This provision on “separation of Church and State” requires that federally funded programs and activities have both a secular purpose and a secular effect.
- All programming must be implemented in compliance with the 2008 Negroponte Guidance.
Nigeria and/or regional projects in the Sahel and West African regions.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The following U.S., Nigerian, or other international organizations are eligible to submit SOIs:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
Cost Sharing or Matching
Applicant organizations are encouraged to include cost-sharing or matching funds in their proposed budget, but this is not a requirement of application.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
How to Apply
- The SOI clearly addresses the scope of this funding opportunity
- All documents are in English
- All budgets are calculated in U.S. dollars
- All pages are numbered
- Formatting: Submissions should employ Microsoft Word or other widely available word processing program. Documents should be single-spaced, use 12-point Times New Roman font, and have minimum one-inch margins.
Statements of Interest (SOI) must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=324679