Deadline: 18 May 2020
The U.S. Consulate General Lahore Public Affairs Section is seeking proposals that support the development of community colleges across Punjab.
Proposals must include two-way exchange visits between Punjab and the United States for subject matter experts, and address topics such as faculty and curriculum development, the introduction of new subjects, and credit hour management.
Project Goal: They seek proposals which will further the professional development of community college leaders, administrators, and faculty through exchange visits. These visits should address faculty and curriculum development, introducing new subject streams, and credit hour management. Over the course of 12 months, the grantee should train the leadership and faculty of newly established community colleges in Punjab, working on curriculum revisions, identifying industry needs in specific areas, introducing new courses to those colleges, and sharing informational resources with the administrators and faculty for further professional development. This professional development for faculty and administrators should improve the teaching and learning of the enrolled students, better preparing them for the job market. Additionally, the project aims to address the industry challenge of identifying members of the workforce with the technical skills necessary to manage production units and troubleshoot relevant issues. The project may also result in an increased interest from students in entrepreneurship and creating their own startups.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
As part of the funding, the grantee should solicit American experts experienced in developing the community college model who can work with local authorities and college administrators to develop their institutions’ capacity to professionally manage and run such programs. Those experts should work with the program participants on curriculum revisions to make programs market competitive and meet industry needs. The project should also train local college administrators on how to work with industry representatives on needs identification and introducing new courses accordingly. Lastly, the project should train faculty to enhance their professional development skills. Administrators who haven’t experienced a community college model in the United States should be considered for a short-term exchange program to the United States so they can experience a developed community college and observe all aspects of the operation.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Build a cadre of American experts who specialize in community college capacity building, with a focus on market-driven and industry needs curriculum design.
- Increase knowledge of college administrators on market-driven curriculum design.
- Increase professional development skills of Punjab community college faculty, including the possibility of exchanges to the United States.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The award floor is seventy-five thousand dollars $75,000; the award ceiling is one hundred thousand dollars $100,000.
- All award activities should be completed within 12 months from the award start date.
Participants and Audiences
Program participants should include administration, faculty, and staff of Punjab’s relevant authorities working in the community college sector. It is recommended that gender parity is considered when selecting exchange visits and/or training opportunities within or outside of Pakistan.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Eligibility is open to international non-profit organizations. Organizations may sub-award or sub-contract with other entities, but only one non-profit organization can be the prime recipient of the award. Pakistan government entities are not eligible to apply.
- For-profit entities are not eligible to be the prime recipient of an award under this NOFO. When sub-awarding or sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal. The applicants must submit proof of their non-profit status with their proposal submission (e.g. proof of 501(c) (3) status, Pakistan NGO license). Applications that do not include proof of non-profit status will not be considered for an award. Individuals are not eligible for an award under this NOFO. U.S.-based or registered organizations should provide proof of registration to operate in Pakistan or have a documented agreement with a partner organization registered to operate in Pakistan.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The application satisfies all requirements listed in this funding opportunity.
- The proposal clearly addresses the goals and objectives of this funding opportunity.
- All documents are in English.
- All budgets are in U.S. dollars.
- All pages are numbered.
- All documents are formatted to 8 ½ x 11 paper.
- All Microsoft Word documents are single-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, with a minimum of 1-inch margins.
- All applicant authorized signatures are provided where indicated on the various, required forms
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=325988