Deadline: 31 May 2019
The U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section has set aside funds for the Democracy Commission Small Grants Program specifically designated for non-government organizations, nonprofit organizations and independent media outlets to support democracy and the development of democratic institutions in the Republic of Serbia. To be eligible for consideration, every applicant must be registered in the territory of the Republic of Serbia and engaged in, or propose to carry out, a project whose purpose is to further the development of democratic institutions in Serbia, especially in local municipalities.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Participatory Democracy: Promoting increased participation by informed citizens in the democratic process, including through effective advocacy, education of voters about policies and processes, public debate over matters of public interest, etc.
- Rule of Law: Strengthening the rule of law, promoting legal reform, and increasing transparency in government.
- Anti-Corruption: Combating corruption, in the workplace, in education, in the delivery of healthcare, in the legal system, in government offices, etc.
- Human Rights: Promoting tolerance of, understanding of, and equality for vulnerable populations, including the disabled, ethnic and religious minorities, the LGBT community, etc. Furthering gender equality and women empowerment.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $275,000
- Award Ceiling: $24,000
- Award Floor: $1,000
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
To be eligible for consideration, every applicant must be registered in the territory of the Republic of Serbia and engaged in, or propose to carry out, a project whose purpose is to further the development of democratic institutions in Serbia, especially in local municipalities.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organization. If more than one proposal is submitted from an organization, all proposals from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
- Please e-mail one copy in the electronic form at the email address given on the website.
- Please send by post office at the given address one copy of the completed Application Form with an original signature.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314579
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.