Deadline: 7 December 2018
The U.S. Embassy Kyiv of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications aimed at supporting free, fair, and transparent Presidential and Parliamentary Elections 2019 in Ukraine.
Proposals may include, but should not be limited to the following activities:
- Conducting voter education campaigns focused on election procedures, integrity, and the threat of disinformation.
- Organizing non-partisan “get-out-the-vote” drives to mobilize people to vote. Increasing young voters’ turnout with peer-to-peer activities.
- Identifying and encouraging special groups to educate voters and increase public participation, including internally displaced persons, Roma, veterans of the conflict in eastern Ukraine, and elderly populations.
- Protecting electoral rights for vulnerable populations.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $200,000
- Award Ceiling: $20,000
- Award Floor: $7,000
Project proposals must clearly promote one or more of the following themes:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Civil society development
- Rule of law and legal reform
- Transparency in government
- Public education and advocacy
- Conflict resolution and encouraging peaceful solutions to conflict
- Human rights, including those for minorities, LGBTI, people with disabilities and women
- Civic education
- Electoral system support
- Anti-trafficking (CTIP)
- Grants can only be given to Ukrainian NGOs (non-profit and non-governmental organizations) registered in accordance with Ukrainian law. NGOs include, but are not limited to, civic organizations or associations, charitable foundations, and think tanks.
- NGOs and their members cannot represent or be affiliated with any political party, or with appointed or elected officials.
- Although the maximum funding available for a single grant is $50,000 U.S. dollars (USD), we anticipate most awards will be in the range of $10,000 – $24,000 USD.
- U.S. or other third-country organizations and individuals are not eligible to apply for grants.
- General competition applications must be submitted both in English and in Ukrainian.
- In addition to this general competition, the U.S. Embassy will, from time to time, hold special regional or thematic competitions, which may have different rules regarding project eligibility. Please check the U.S. Embassy website and social media sites for announcements.
- Project dates cannot exceed one year.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Proposals must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2Dvwv4v
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.