Deadline: 12 December 2019
The Urban Innovative Actions (UIA) Initiative has launched its fifth Call for Proposals with an aim to provide urban areas throughout Europe with resources to test new and unproven solutions to address urban challenges.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UIA is an Initiative of the European Union that provides urban areas throughout Europe with resources to test new and unproven solutions to address urban challenges.
What kind of projects does UIA fund?
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
UIA funds projects that are:
- Innovative: be bold, creative and propose a project that has never been implemented anywhere else in Europe. Demonstrate that applicant idea is experimental and not part of their normal activities.
- Participative: involve the key stakeholders that will bring expertise and knowledge to applicants project, both during the design and the implementation phase of a project.
- Of good quality: define realistic ambitions, coherent activities and effective management. A logically interlinked work plan, a coherent and proportionate budget as well as effective management arrangements will make things happen.
- Measurable: how will applicant describe the change they want to see in their local situation if the project is successful? How would applicants measure this change? Defining clear results that can be measured and quantified is key.
- Transferable: address an urban challenge that can be relevant to other urban authorities in Europe, draw lessons on their experiment and share them with a wider audience of policy makers and practitioners.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Air quality
- Circular economy
- Culture and cultural heritage
- Demographic change
The budget for this call is approximately EUR 50 million ERDF.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The following authorities may apply for support to undertake Urban Innovative Actions:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Any urban authority of a local administrative unit defined according to the degree of urbanisation as city, town or suburb comprising at least 50 000 inhabitants.
- Any association or grouping of urban authorities of local administrative units defined according to the degree of urbanisation as city, town or suburb where the total population is at least 50 000 inhabitants; this can include cross-border associations or groupings, associations or groupings in different regions and/or Member States.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.uia-initiative.eu/en/news-events/launch-5th-and-last-uia-call-proposals