Deadline: 12 December 2019
The Urban Innovative Actions (UIA) Initiative has launched its fifth Call for Proposals with an aim to provide urban areas throughout Europe with resources to test new and unproven solutions to address urban challenges.
UIA is an Initiative of the European Union that provides urban areas throughout Europe with resources to test new and unproven solutions to address urban challenges.
What kind of projects does UIA fund?
UIA funds projects that are:
- Innovative: be bold, creative and propose a project that has never been implemented anywhere else in Europe. Demonstrate that applicant idea is experimental and not part of their normal activities.
- Participative: involve the key stakeholders that will bring expertise and knowledge to applicants project, both during the design and the implementation phase of a project.
- Of good quality: define realistic ambitions, coherent activities and effective management. A logically interlinked work plan, a coherent and proportionate budget as well as effective management arrangements will make things happen.
- Measurable: how will applicant describe the change they want to see in their local situation if the project is successful? How would applicants measure this change? Defining clear results that can be measured and quantified is key.
- Transferable: address an urban challenge that can be relevant to other urban authorities in Europe, draw lessons on their experiment and share them with a wider audience of policy makers and practitioners.
- Air quality
- Circular economy
- Culture and cultural heritage
- Demographic change
The budget for this call is approximately EUR 50 million ERDF.
The following authorities may apply for support to undertake Urban Innovative Actions:
- Any urban authority of a local administrative unit defined according to the degree of urbanisation as city, town or suburb comprising at least 50 000 inhabitants.
- Any association or grouping of urban authorities of local administrative units defined according to the degree of urbanisation as city, town or suburb where the total population is at least 50 000 inhabitants; this can include cross-border associations or groupings, associations or groupings in different regions and/or Member States.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.uia-initiative.eu/en/news-events/launch-5th-and-last-uia-call-proposals