Deadline: 14 January 2019
Si3 initiative by UJIA, is a cutting edge approach to philanthropy in Israel, providing an alternative method of repayable financing for organisations and enterprises delivering social change. Alongside existing and ongoing grant work in Israel, these investments enable to leverage the charitable funds further towards the social mission in Israel. UJIA can make an investment in a non-charitable company as long asits social mission is in line with the aims of the UJIA, that any additional private benefit not be excessive, and the investment clearly be for public benefit.
UJIA will consider investments which further the aims of the charity to promote social and economic mobility for vulnerable communities, with a focus on:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
UJIA is seeking investments that make a social and financial impact:
- Social impact – the investment must have a clearly identifiable, high value social impact and positive outcome.
- Financial impact – the organisation receiving the investment (a loan for example) must have a for-profit objective, and be able to generate sufficient income from its activities, goods or services to cover the cost of the financing and its repayment.
“The UK has been a pioneer in the development of the social impact investing market and Israel’s market is now also beginning to emerge. UJIA is offering an exciting opportunity, through using a model of returnable financing, each pound can be reinvested to enable scalable solutions in tackling UJIA’s mission of improving education, employment and community development in Israel.”
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- UJIA would expect to invest up to a maximum of NIS 400,000 in any one initiative.
- UJIA will only invest up to a maximum of a 50% equity position.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Long term financial sustainability with the ability to raise capital from additional sources
- Strong entrepreneur or business partner with proven capabilities to deliver
- Reporting and monitoring capacity on how funds are being used and measuring social impact within an agreed time period
- Engagement with British Jewry to create/generate opportunities for the involvement of British Jews with Israel through UJIA’s work
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://ujia.org/social-impact-investment-initiative/