Deadline: 3 November 2019
UN-Habitat’s Global Public Space Programme has launched a call for proposals (CFP) to seek partnership in the implementation of innovative public space projects in Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, Mozambique, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, Syria and Vietnam.
Local authorities and non-profit organisations are invited to submit proposals which aim to achieve the following expected result:
- The effective creation, protection, design and management of public spaces, particularly in disadvantaged communities in rapidly urbanizing cities and towns, as critical preconditions for poverty reduction and the fulfilment of human rights in urban areas.
Proposal must demonstrate that they contribute to the following outcome:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Improved local policies, plans and designs for safe, inclusive and accessible public spaces for all which supports more compact, better integrated and well connected, socially inclusive and resilient cities and neighbourhoods in partner cities.
In this call for proposals, UN-Habitat is looking for implementing partnerships with local governments and non-profit organisations that can manage and deliver innovative public space upgrading and regeneration projects. The projects will demonstrate that multifunctional public spaces can contribute to meeting the Sustainable Development Goals, specifically SDG11.7: “by 2030, provide universal access to safe, inclusive and accessible, green and public spaces, particularly for women and children, older persons and persons with disabilities”.
Interested applicants can either propose a project that demonstrates the importance of stakeholder engagement, citizen participation, assessments, quality design, policy and management for the development of multifunctional public space or a series of smaller projects (around 5-10) that demonstrate how smaller public space interventions such as street furniture, parklets, street lighting, bicycle parking, market stalls and other types of public space can have a larger impact on neighbourhoods and cities. All projects proposed must also show how children and youth or girls and women or older people or disabled people (or all) will be fully included in site selection, design, construction and management of the public space(s).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Maximum proposed value in US$: $100,000 (One Hundred Thousand).
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Main Activities and Outputs
The Implementing Partners will be undertaking main activities as follows (but not limited to):
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Implementation of public space demonstration projects that illustrate how public space can be designed and improve use and overall quality of life;
- Public space surveys and assessments;
- Organization of meetings and capacity building workshops on the institutional and operational arrangements to facilitate public space planning, delivery and maintenance;
- Organization of participatory workshops that address the design, development, and maintenance of public spaces;
- Communications campaigns that highlight the important role public spaces play in the lives of citizens;
- Collaboration with both international and local planning/design experts in the production of concept designs for the pilot sites;
- Identification of opportunities for further scaling-up of the project;
- Supervision of public space construction works;
- Development and documentation of public space tools and methodologies;
- Provision of in-kind contribution to this implementing partnership.
Project Key Information
- UN-Habitat project title: Global Public Space Programme
- Locations Country/territory: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgystan, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, Mozambique, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, Syria and Vietnam
- Anticipated start date: 1 February 2020
- Estimated duration of project in calendar months: 11 months
- Lead Organization Unit: City Planning, Extension and Design Unit, Public Space Programme
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Certificate of registration/incorporation i.e.,
- Proof of registration in Country of Origin
- Proof of registration of Country of operation
- Proof of country operational presence
Organization profile and details
- Clear organization profile and structure of the organization indicating:
- Organization’s vision, mission and objectives
- Management structure
- Members of the Governing Board and their Designations duly certified by the Corporate Secretary, or its equivalent document
- Proof of membership to professional associations if any.
- Audited company financial statements (balance sheet and income statement) and auditors report for the last two years
Exclusive bank account
- Is the organization willing and able to have a separate bank account for the funds provided by UN-Habitat?
Integrity and Governance
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
- The organization should complete and submit a signed Partner Declaration Form
- Provide the profiles of the Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Head of the Organization and Chief of Finance
How to Apply
- Proposal language is English language.
- Proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://new.unhabitat.org/call-for-proposals-public-space-implementation-projects-0
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.