Deadline: 8 June 2020
The project has an overall goal of enhancing the capacity of civil society organizations to produce, disseminate and use citizen-generated data, to create demand for transparency and accountability from the community on the implementation of development plans and to track progress on gender equality and women’s empowerment commitments.
The organization/s will deliver a comprehensive program that will enhance the capacity of civil society organizations to produce, use and disseminate citizen-generated data to track progress on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals and to ensure accountability with regards to gender equality and women’s empowerment commitments. This includes the following main tasks:
- Conduct a baseline assessment among CSOs to assess the level of awareness and use of CGD, and identify data gaps with regards to accelerating, monitoring, reporting and accountability towards the SDGs with focus on genderrelated targets and indicators.
- Develop a guideline on CGD including standardized tools, methodologies and approaches for the production, dissemination and use of CGD.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive capacity building program guided by a standardized training manual on CGD and evidence-based advocacy by taking in consideration the outcome of the baseline assessment and the use of the guideline.
- Hold a dialogue forum that brings together key stakeholders in the national statistical system including data producers and data users on existing data gaps and the role of CGD in filling such gaps.
- Set up a community of practice on CGD that links data producers and data users regularly to share good practices and experiences on gender statistics.
- Adopt existing gender equality and women’s empowerment accountability frameworks to Ethiopian CSOs context, develop an accountability tool and pilot test its applicability in selected CSOs.
The geographical focus of the project will be at the Federal level and selected regions depending on where CSO/s have programmatic interventions.
The proposed intervention size and budget request must fall between a minimum indicative amount of USD 75,000 and a maximum amount of USD 100,000.
The project will commence upon signature of Partner Agreement with the selected organization/s and will end after one year with a possibility of extension.
Roles of the Entity
The Organization/s will be responsible to the effective utilization of funds to undertake the tasks under the proposed results framework. It will be responsible to design and implement the overall program proposal that includes the abovementioned key tasks as a main component. Under the overall guidance of UNW, the organization/s is/are expected to contribute to measuring, analysis and reporting of the above stated indicators based on evidence. It will document lessons learned and best practices that will contribute to the monitoring and evaluation process. It will provide quarterly, mid-term and final narrative and financial reports in line with UN women guidelines and requirements.
Roles of UN Women and the CSO AG
To achieve expected results, the Partner Organization/s will receive a comprehensive induction, ongoing guidance and support from UN Women. UN Women will be responsible to timely transfer of funds to the implementing partner/s and providing guidance and technical support to the partner/s to duly met its narrative and financial reporting obligations.
The selected organization/s will sign a Partner Agreement with UN Women. A thorough selection process will take place to identify the potential partner/s. The selection process will be based on proven capacity to deliver on the proposed outputs/activities by the selected organization/s. The organization’s capacity will be assessed by representatives from UN Women.
- Legally constituted organization with a valid registration in Ethiopia.
- Experience working on data generation, analysis and dissemination is mandatory.
- Experience in engaging in community-based initiatives, projects, and programmes.
- Have experts in the area of service required.
- Experience in supporting national and global planning processes, conducting policy dialogues, and engaging in evidence-based advocacy is considered as an advantage.
- Experience in results-based project management.
- Previous working experience with United Nations is highly desirable.
For more information, visit https://www.unwomen.org/en/how-we-work/programme-implementation/2020/05/call-for-proposals—ethiopia—pilot-project-cgd