Deadline: 14 June 2016
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) invites sealed proposals from qualified proposers for its programme titled- Case Management Capacity Building for the EVAW Service Providers to End Violence against Women in Afghanistan.
The UN Women Afghanistan has been supporting the government of Afghanistan and its partners with the overall goal to Eliminate Violence against Women (EVAW). UN Women is further expanding its EVAW Program, particularly with regards to enhancing capacity and providing more coherent and specialized support for EVAW initiatives, as implemented by both government and civil society organizations.
UN Women’s EVAW Pillar, through this request for proposals intends to seek services of a competent institution to train the members of the provincial EVAW commissions; with regard to skills and knowledge of the management of VAW related cases using survivor centric approach to case work.
The overall objective is to build the capacity of The EVAW case management service providers (EVAW Commission members, WPC and FGC case workers, EVAW High Commission) in 17 provinces, through a comprehensive trainings and mentorship programme.
- The Key service providers of the violence against women across 17 provinces, will demonstrate increased capacity and skills of survivor centric case management of cases of violence against women.
- Improved VAW case documentation, and data management systems established
- Through the mentorship and coaching, the service providers build confidence to deal with the EVAW cases using human rights’ based approach
- A comprehensive capacity building manual is produced based on the
- Afghanistan legal and social context in dealing with violence against women for the future use with other relevant service providers
- This RFP is open to all international and national organizations that can provide the requested goods/services/works, are legally constituted and have a valid registration.
- A proposer may be a private, public or government-owned legal entity or any combination of them in the form of association(s) including joint ventures or consortiums with a formal intent to enter into an agreement.
- In support of UN Women’s mandate, proposal submissions from women-led/owned organizations or companies with 51% or more employment of women and from developing countries are encouraged.
How to Apply
Proposals can be submitted via both mail and email to the dedicated address.
For more information, please visit UN Women-EVAW.