Deadline: 3 March 2020
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)/North Macedonia has announced a call for proposals for its program entitled “Implementation of outreach and empowerment initiatives for increased participation of women in local decision-making processes”.
The proposals should focus on the following:
- Strengthening the capacities of local grassroot/women CSOs to implement outreaching strategies for promotion of inclusive participation of women, including the most vulnerable in local policy and decision-making processes;
- Improve local CSOs’ knowledge and understanding of gender mainstreaming in local policy making and budgeting processes and their importance for improving the quality of life of women and men;
- Provide sub-granting to local CSOs to carry out outreach and awareness raising activities to increase women’s knowledge and understanding of budgeting processes and encourage their meaningful participation in local decision-making processes;
- Propose concrete actions to encourage women from the communities to proactively demand accountability from the local authorities (these could include local campaigns, petitions and drafting of proposals, thematic round tables, and propose other innovative approaches and ideas to drive change in behaviour and attitudes towards women participation in public life);
- Involve local gender advocates, women grassroot organizations and women leaders in the outreach activities;
- Facilitate the cooperation between municipalities and women to ensure their needs and priorities are taken into consideration;
- Monitor gender responsiveness of local programs and concrete allocations for addressing needs and concerns raised by women;
- Identify examples of good practices on women’s and men’s participation at local level and document success stories.
The project aims to contribute to the following two outcomes:
- The Government’s public finance management and the strategic planning processes are improved to respond to the different needs of women and men as a result of effective application of gender responsive budgeting.
- Civil society organizations, women, including the most vulnerable, actively participate in planning and decisionmaking mechanisms, and their priorities are fully reflected in public policies and budgets.
UN Women is inviting civil society organizations (CSOs), CSO networks, professional organizations or think tanks that are legally registered in North Macedonia and have specialized knowledge, expertise and track record of working on gender equality, empowerment of women and participatory processes, to submit project proposals that will contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the project “Promoting Gender Responsive Policies and Budgets: Towards Transparent, Inclusive and Accountable Governance in Republic of North Macedonia” and specifically the Outcome 2 Civil society organizations, women, including the most vulnerable, actively participate in planning and decision-making mechanisms, and benefit from public policies and budgets.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The proposed intervention size and budget request will have to fall between a minimum indicative amount of USD 100.000 and a maximum amount of USD 110.000.
- Expected duration of the project is March 2020 – February 2022 (tentative).
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Requirements of Project Manager/Team Leader
- Education: Degree in Management, Public Administration, Law, Economics, Gender Studies and Social Sciences or related field;
- Work Experience: At least 3 years’ experience of implementing human rights, gender equality and women’s empowerment programmes/projects;
- Language Qualifications: English and Macedonian;
- Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes/projects and establishing partnership with international organization and governments;
- Other competencies, which while not required, can be an asset for the performance of services, such as: Previous experience working with the UN agencies, UN Women and international organizations.
- Requirements of Finance Officer
- Education: Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, Finance, and any other related field;
- Work Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in finance management, reporting and accounting;
- Experience in usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=62761