Deadline: 10 March 2017
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is seeking applications for its program entitled “Strengthening Engagement of Migrant Worker Organisations and CSOs with ASEAN Bodies” to prevent the exploitation of women migrant workers in ASEAN through the use of evidence based knowledge to influence policy advocacy and through capacity development of ASEAN and migrant worker institutions to engage and dialogue.
UN Women ROAP is currently implementing a project on “Preventing the Exploitation of Women Migrant Workers in ASEAN” with support from Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
Key Strategic Areas
- Generation of evidence based knowledge
- Evidence based policy advocacy
- Social mobilization and campaigning
The project seeks to advance the protection and promotion of the human rights of women migrant workers in ASEAN. Specifically, the project aims to:
- Provide space for migrant networks and civil society organisations to share and discuss on how to effectively engage with the ASEAN and relevant mechanisms and instruments for them to be effective in advocating for policies and reforms necessary for the protection and promotion of women migrant workers.
- Discuss next steps to ensure implementation of the Framework Instrument.
- Advance the advocacy around fair and ethical recruitment.
- Develop recommendations on addressing women’s rights in the global compact on safe, orderly and regular migration.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Migration Program Manager, the institution will be responsible for conducting following activities:
- National-level advocacy
- Report of dialogues organised, issues discussed and members/partners’ action plan
- Reports of the 3 meetings
- Position paper/recommendations on addressing protection and empowerment of women migrants in the global compact
- ASEAN-level workshop on the Implementation of the Framework Instrument
- Report of engagement
- Draft of Action Plan on the implementation of the Framework Instrument and engagement on the AFML.
- A registered organization with valid registration certificate
- At least 10 years of experience in regional and national advocacy on migration issues and women’s rights in ASEAN. Previous experience on women migrant workers’ issues is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of and work experience on gender equality and women’s rights is required
- Previous experience with UN agencies and work experience within the ASEAN region is an advantage
- Proven record on development and implementation of social mobilization and campaigning
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills; particular experience in and knowledge of design, layout and creative presentations a merit
- Ability to work efficiently and responsively within a multicultural environment
- Strong commitment to gender equality, human rights and respect for diversity
- All UN vendors shall adhere to the highest ethical standards, both during the procurement process and throughout the performance of a contract. Agencies with a record of promoting Tobacco and alcohol, Gambling, pornography production, child labour and disadvantageous treatment of women and environmentally harmful practices will not be considered for this assignment.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit UN Women Request for Proposals.