Deadline: 11 April 2019
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is seeking proposals for its program entitled “Support to Women’s Engagement in Peacemaking in Afghanistan” with an aim to ensuring women’s voices are heard, priorities addressed, and participation supported.
UN Women is mandated by the UN Security Council to lead on UN system-wide coordination on women, peace and security, and to this end UN Women has been working with governments, UN partners and civil society throughout the region to support women’s participation and influence at all levels of decision-making to prevent and resolve conflicts and to build peace, including through:
- Implementing the women’s peace and security agenda;
- Expanding women’s voice, leadership and participation;
- Enhancing governance and national planning to improve accountability for gender equality commitments and priorities; and
- Strengthening and implementing the global and normative policy framework for gender equality and the empowerment of women.
This call seeks to fund interventions that enhance women’s engagement in peacebuilding and conflict resolution in Afghanistan.
Proposals should be 12 months in duration.
- Workplan agreed by UN Women.
- Activities that increase women’s participation in peace and security processes in Afghanistan.
- National and community actions to elevate women’s voices, priorities and meaningful participation in peace.
- Build the evidence-base in support of women’s participation in peace and security processes, as well as gender-inclusive state building.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=54170