Deadline: 19 August 2016
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is seeking proposals from international organisations for a program entitled “Strengthening the Capacity of Women’s Organizations on Community Mobilization and Women’s Empowerment”.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN Women work in Ukraine focuses on supporting the government and civil society in advancing gender equality and implementation of the national and international commitments.
The overall objective of this assignment will be to support the capacity building of the UN Women local partner Civil Society Organization and share the community mobilization experience of other one of the conflict‐affected countries of Eastern Europe. The organization will help with adjusting the methodology of the community mobilization for empowerment, provide the series of in‐depth capacity building training of the national partner in Ukraine through country visits, field trainings and study tour in the countries of the region, which were affected by the conflict with the experience of community mobilization targeting women affected by the conflict in order to arrange the learning meetings with already existing community based women’s organization working with IDP and conflict‐affected groups.
- Women’s leadership and participation;
- Implementation of women, peace and security agenda, including a humanitarian response, and gender responsive governance.
- To improve regional and local government capacity in gender‐sensitive recovery planning and service delivery;
- To enhance community security for women and men in conflict‐affected areas
- To enhance the capacity of gender equality advocates and women affected by conflict through community/social mobilization to demand accountability and transparency in local decision‐making processes.
- Develop and submit the capacity building plan and methodology on community mobilization for empowerment for eight months (initial stages of the cycle, with an understanding that the community mobilization for empowerment is a prolonged process, which will require follow‐up) and with the detailed description of the training module and sessions, learning objectives and materials in English. The methodology should also include the description of the following stages of the CME: profiling of the communities, mapping of the strategic needs, making priorities, setting up the self‐help groups, planning and implementing the community based advocacy and support actions, monitoring and evaluation;
- Conduct the initial introductory 5‐day training on community mobilization for empowerment in Ukraine for the UN Women local partner NGO;
- Conduct two separate three‐four day field training in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts for the mobilized women’s groups in community mobilization including how to identify strategic priority needs of the communities, outreaching local groups, and conducting community mapping and local initiatives;
- Organize study tour for the Ukrainian partner NGO and mobilized women from project target communities in order to organize the learning workshops with the similar experienced community based women’s organizations. Facilitate to share the lessons learned and best practice experiences between the participants during the study tour in host country.
- Submit the report on the implemented activities with a summary lessons learned and recommendations to UN Women (report should be submitted in English language).
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply electronically via given website.
For more information, visit UN Women.