Deadline: 9 May 2016
The UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Multi Country Office (MCO) for India, Bhutan, Maldives and Sri Lanka is inviting non-governmental organisations to submit proposals for a grant towards Strengthening Gender Transformative Rural Livelihoods.
It is a 20-month grant that will promote gender-just decent work opportunities and access to social protection for women workers, including women farmers in rural India through collective action and strengthening of gender-responsiveness of government policies on rural livelihoods such as the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India’s National Rural Livelihoods Mission and the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
The proposal must contain technical proposal and a Financial Proposal.
- The technical proposal must include objectives, methods, expected results of each activity and time-lines for completing the project.
- The financial proposal must detail the estimated cost of each proposed activity required to complete the project.
The technical assessment will review the following:
- Feasibility and appropriateness of the proposal responding to the expected results
- Applicants’ institutional technical capacity and relevant experience
- Experience in organizing and coordinating similar project/s.
The financial assessment will review the efficient utilization of budget as follows:
- Output-based budgeting;
- Reasonable cost of implementation;
- Administrative/indirect cost
- Inclusion of annual certified financial report and one most recent audit report
Proposals can only be submitted by non-governmental organizations registered in India.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their technical and financial proposals separately in hard copies or electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please download this PDF.