Deadline: 13 April 2017
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is seeking Expression of Interest (EoI) from interested Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to support the Afghan government in providing protection and assistance to refugees, returning refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). It seeks to find durable solutions for these groups, to provide reliable information to all humanitarian partners and to advocate for solutions to address the underlying causes of forced displacement.
The overall objective of UNHCR Afghanistan Livelihoods programme is to “strengthen capacities and improve access to livelihood opportunities while fostering social cohesion and (re) integration of returnees, IDPs, and refugees in Afghanistan”.
- To improve community capacities through increasing access to services and productive facilities.
- To reinforce community resilience and social cohesion by promoting beneficiary participation, engagement and representation for self-reliance.
- To promote sustainable income generating activities (and foster a culture of entrepreneurship) encouraging joint-venture businesses through community groups and private sector inclusion.
The budget range for this project is between USD 550,000 to USD 700,000.
UNHCR welcomes Expressions of Interest from both international and national NGOs registered in Afghanistan for this project.
How to Apply
- Interested NGOs should submit concept notes and other required documents to UNHCR through the given website.
- The following required documents:
- NGO Registration Certificate with the Ministry of Economy
- NGO profile, Organizational Chart and list of current/previous projects, donors and project locations
- Operational manuals (Administration, HR, Finance, Procurement and Fraud Prevention policies)
- Recent Audit Report/ Financial Statement (preferably for the last 3 years) conducted by an independent audit firm
- Organization’s past experience and on-going programs addressing the needs of IDPs and refugee returnees with either UNHCR and other donor agencies
- Organization’s Security Policy and Guidance
Eligible Country: Afghanistan
For more information, please visit UNHCR Call for EOIs.