Deadline: 20 August 2019
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking proposals under the Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) Program of UN Women Ethiopia Country Office, the program on climate smart agriculture namely “Gender Transformative Climate Smart Agriculture and Agri-Business (CSAAB)” with an aim to promote the economic empowerment of women farmers and female youths for resilient, climate adaptive and sustainable livelihoods.
- A gender-responsive policy, social and economic environment is in place for impartial access and control over productive resources and opportunities as well as CSA and Agri-Business practices by women farmers and female youths
- Capacity of government institutions and policy makers to assess gender differentiated CSA barriers and integrate remedial interventions into budgeting, planning, programming and monitoring is enhanced,
- Leadership/agency of women farmers and their organizations in influencing social practices, rights to land and financial and CSA frameworks is strengthened
- Evidence to influence development and effective enforcement of gender responsive frameworks on CSA for WEE is provided,
- Women and female youth farmers’ productivity is increased in a changing climate
- Capacity and motivation among financial institutions to provide financial and non-financial services to women and female youth in CSA and agribusiness is enhanced,
- Women farmers and female youths’ access to gender responsive financial services, CSA information and skills is improved,
- Rural women/ female youths’ access to CSA technologies, inputs and practices enhanced
- Opportunities for women farmers and female youths to move up sustainable CSA value chains are provided
- Women and female youths’ representation and decision making within cooperatives and unions increased.
- The capacity of women cooperatives to move from production to aggregation, processing and distribution is increased,
- Women farmer/ female youth/access to local, national and regional markets is increased
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their proposals at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=57987